Thursday 14 April 2011

Canvassing

This time last year there was an election going on.

Actually there were two. But there was only one I really cared about.

The MAD blog awards.  I remember the astonishment and delight I felt at discovering I'd been nominated in not one, but several categories, especially when I realised the nominations weren't just from my husband and my mum...

But what I didn't do, then, was actually come out and say "VOTE FOR ME". I sat, and I watched Dave, and Gordon, and Nick work the streets, shake the hands and kiss the babies, and thought, "Well, of course if you want people to vote for you, you have to ask them", but I was too British, and embarrassed, to come out and say it myself.

This year though, I'm casting aside my Britishness, and my shame, and asking...


Go on, nominate me, (you don't have to be a blogger, a mum, or a dad by the way, they all count) and if not me, nominate someone else. There's a great list of fantastic blogs on the right hand side of this page. Pick one of them.  Just do it before next Friday when the nominations close.

And if, having had a look at them, you still like me, I think I'm eligible for the following:

Blogger of the Year
Best writer (ha!)
Post of the year.  I like this one, but you may disagree.
Best pregnancy blog
Most MAD family life (surely we qualify for that one?)
Most inspiring (double ha!)
Best pre-school fun blog


Oh, and if you are my mum, or my husband, you know where your duty lies...

And ps, if you have already nominated me, because someone has, a very big virtual kiss is coming your way.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know. I'm sorry. I hate these word recognition, are you a robot, guff things too, but having just got rid of a large number of ungrammatical and poorly spelt adverts for all sorts of things I don't want, and especially don't want on my blog, I'm hoping that this will mean that only lovely people, of the actually a person variety, will comment.

So please do. Comments are great...