Tuesday 2 February 2010

Millinery - week 3

The brim!


And the crown too, clearly, just because I needed somewhere to put it.  The deliberate mistake, for those of you of a millinery-bent, is that the pins in the bottom of the brim should be round the bottom of the block, not half way up, but it doesn't matter because the brim's actually going to be much narrower than where I've put the pins anyway.   And I'll know for next time.

It was much harder work this week though - have mashed my fingers with the pins - but apparently real milliners don't use hammers.  So now you know.

And the tricky bit to come: have to use my imagination and decide what I want to trim it with. Answers on a postcard.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh how cool - it looks like a hat !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! You are talented. I could never do that. I can barely sew a button on a shirt. My hubby does all the sewing and ironing around here cuz I am so inept. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both - looks even more like a hat this week!

    Oh, and Organic Motherhood - can I have him?!

    ReplyDelete

I know. I'm sorry. I hate these word recognition, are you a robot, guff things too, but having just got rid of a large number of ungrammatical and poorly spelt adverts for all sorts of things I don't want, and especially don't want on my blog, I'm hoping that this will mean that only lovely people, of the actually a person variety, will comment.

So please do. Comments are great...